All our customers abide to agree to the Terms and Conditions of Service as described here.
"account" means a customer account opened at transworldafrica.com that include any of the services offered.
"service" means the services of domain registration, website hosting, website development, SSL certificates, and consultancy services.
2. Transfer of domains
A client may transfer a domain to TransworldAfrica.com at any time, and they will get a one year extension.
A client may transfer domains out of TransworldAfrica.com at any time to another registrar. TransworldAfrica.com will use best effort to facilitate the process of the transfer. Any domain registered by a client through transworldAfrica.com at a price lower than the cost offered by the Registry cannot transfer the domain unless the client settles the difference of the full cost of the domain. According to KENIC, the .ke Registry, the recommended retail price of a domain is Ksh1000 +VAT.
3. Expiery of a service
- Domain will expire and become inactive on the last day of expiery.
- Web hosting accounts will be deleted six months after the expiry of the account.
4. Security Measures used to protect the server
- We have an extensive custom firewall rule and large mod_security rulesets protecting our servers from a variety of forms of attack. If we do experience heavy flooding, we have our datacenter enable network level flood protection. Our datacenters are all highly secure facilities with restricted access.
- You are responsible for the security of any passwords, settings, or software that you have the access to change or install on your account. By hosting on our servers, you have agreed to be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place through your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your account.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of the installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as user name and password. You are required to use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change or update your password before suspending your account.
- Being aware of these responsibilities is important, as an account that is found to be compromised may be disabled and/or terminated per our Terms of Service. Failure to clean your account after being notified of an ongoing issue may result in having your account disabled.
- What Can I Do to be More Secure? We recommends a number of actions and services which can help you maintain security on your website. The following security tips are offered in order to help our clients maintain site security and protect their accounts: The vast majority of account compromises are caused by malicious users who have found exploits in scripts installed on an account. Therefore, the best advice we can offer is to make sure that all CMS installations, as well as any related themes, plugins and other add-ons, are kept up-to-date. Most CMS software has an option to update from within the administration panel. Check on the relevant CMS website on how to perform updates.
- Viruses and Malware: Another form of password compromise occurs when account passwords are stolen using viruses/malware located on local computers from which accounts are accessed. This malware sniffs out passwords used and stored by FTP and other programs. In order to protect against this form of attack, full virus and malware scans should be run on all computers which access the account to ensure that they are clean.
5. Fair Use Policy (FUP)
On all our hosting plans, fair use policy applies. No hosting Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities, Infringing Content, Offensive Content, Harmful Content. Security violations include Unauthorized Access, Interception, or Falsification of Origin. Network Abuse includes Monitoring or Crawling, Denial of Service (DoS), Intentional Interference, Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers, and Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions. You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. On unlimited packages for database, disk space, and email addresses, the usage should be in tandem with server capacity, and exhausting server resources may lead to account suspension.